Wednesday, January 11, 2012

So, Christmas Break just ended and finally I'm back on campus which (hopefully) means I can start posting blogs on a regular basis!
I guess I wasn't quite aware of how much I missed Colorado until I started crying on the plane home when I got to see the mountains through my window. Some call it pathetic and dramatic--I call it love.
I was so excited to be home I could barely contain myself! I was pushing through the crowd like a crazy lady because I knew I was a short train ride away from seeing my mama. 
I had talked to her the day before and I knew my sister had finals and my dad had a game so she told me she would be coming alone--which I was fine with.
Well, of course, I'm sure you can guess she was lying but you don't understand my family quite yet...
While riding the escalator up to the main floor I caught sight of one seriously bright yellow sweatshirt.
I about peed my pants with excitement! It was my adorably confident Best Friend Til I Die Lauren! 
And next to her was our foreign exchange student Maria!
And next to her was my little sister Avery!
And next to her was my wonderful mother Deirdre!
And all wonderful women were holding a sign that said "Welcome Home Breck"
And, as if that wasn't enough already, they started singing!
"Aint no mountain high, aint no valley low, aint no river wide enough baby"

That, in short, describes my family perfectly!

But it doesn't end there. When we arrived in Greeley we went straight to my daddy's game and when he came out of the locker room he ran across the floor and have me a giant one-of-a-kind daddy hug.

It felt good to be home.

I never realized just how much I missed my family--or Colorado in general; I was so hell bent on getting out and now I severely miss everything Colorado holds for me. Who knew! (Well my mom did but that's the blog below. Feel free to read to get a better understanding)
Now after getting back to campus in Indiana, and talking with my mom and dad about things I'm thinking I may be in the wrong place.
I'm not saying that Indiana was a waste! It's been great for me! I discovered that I can be independent; I discovered what I love in life; I discovered so many great friends; and I discovered where I want to go. Indiana is just a stepping stone.
Now, I know that I need to be back in Colorado. Not back home with my parents but in Colorado. I can still be independent and on my own but the school I'm looking at seems to have a better program than Evansville can offer me and so it's an option right now.
BUT (and there is always a but)
This semester is the most important thing right now.
It's easy to get caught up in the "what could be" that we lose sight of what's going on right now.
So it's focus time. To get There I need to be Here.
Until next time!
XOXO
Brecklen Taylor

2 comments:

  1. What a writer you are! Did you ever consider becoming an English major? Teaching? Hummmmmm..think about it.

    ReplyDelete