Monday, October 31, 2011

Sock Puppets

This my friends is an old idea that needs to come back into the spotlight of arts and crafts.
Today my Greek Professor decided we needed some motivation to study. Seeing as how we were already 3 minutes past the bell and the subject was on studying more...no one was too let's say enthusiastic about staying longer.
My professor then preceded to pull a large blue table cloth from his satchel and cover the front table. After which he crouched be hind the cover and two animated white tube socks appeared.
I cannot even describe with written words how humorous it was to watch the two "Greek students" Gallant and Goofus interact with fervor about studying Greek (even over Thanksgiving Break).
But that got me thinking.
When I was oh so little Nanny and I used to LOVE to make sock puppets.
Heroic ones, silly ones, ones with one eye (mostly because we ran out of google eyes)
It was an art we perfected, or as perfect as a 3 year old could make.
Before I left for college my mom pulled out a box of old stuff--like mothers usually do--and inside was a few sock puppets I had made. It was awesome! I had forgotten how much I loved gluing little felt ears to a long white tube sock and calling it a bunny.
In fact I think I will make some over Christmas Break!
Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment