Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Paris day 5


Versailles!
Although the first four hours of the day were spent just getting there. One train, transfer, second train, get off, the connecting train is having work done so you have to take a different train (the one I was on to begin with) to a different station, take that train, walk 20 minutes and voila! I have arrived at Versailles. The grandeur of it all is almost overwhelming. To begin, there were gold gates at the entrance and gold detailing on the building. And that's just a bit of the outside. The interior is breath taking. So much detail and elegance! My favorite room was the queen's room. Gorgeous. Such extraordinary decoration. And the gardens are enormous. I'm talking it takes a solid 30 minutes to walk to Marie Antoinette's estate. But it's so worth it! But before I went there I stopped and had a bite to eat at the restaurant out in the gardens and by a bite to eat I mean a crepe because who can turn one of those down? By the time I got back to my room--seven hours later--my feet were in serious pain. That's how most of my days have ended but I like it. It means I've gotten to walk in Paris and see wonderful sites all day long. Now tomorrow I have to find a new suitcase and pack because my time here is coming to an end an it makes me very sad. Maybe I'll accidentally miss my flight tomorrow. Oh I would if I weren't also excited to get back to Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment