Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 24


Half Way

I’m generally a pretty optimistic person and I like to look at the glass half full but no part of me in any way, shape, or form is able to see this as being a half full kind of situation.

My time here is half over and I’m in absolute disbelief that I only have 24 days left here in Kenya. I honestly feel like it’s maybe my second week here. It’s like my time here is in fast forward.

On the other hand, I’ve already spent 24 days here and even after three and a half weeks at Hope (and in Kenya in general), I’m still learning. Every day I’m learning something new, whether that be a new Swahili word or that someone greater than me has this trip in His hands, I’m learning. 

I came to teach and the miracle is that I am also the student. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. I wanted to be adaptable when I came and I’ve exceeded that expectation of myself. I’m no longer flowing through Kenya, Kenya is forming me.

No comments:

Post a Comment