Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 6


7/10/2012
The power is off. I sat down to write about my relaxing Sunday and a sudden darkness spread through my room. So, I’m outside trying to write in what little light of the day is left. Apparently my family has been texting me--a lot actually--but my phone isn’t receiving them. It was so good to talk to them and see their faces. 

I haven’t done anything interesting today so I thought I would use this entry as a place for my petty first-world feelings. You've been warned.

I miss my friends and school (yes even school). I’m feeling a little left out on the excitement of becoming a Big and running around decorating our Littles’ doors with Dimi.  But that’s a 26 hour trip away and I’m here in Africa. I’m not complaining about my decision to come or what I’m doing here in any way. I just wish I could live both lives without sacrificing the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment