Monday, October 15, 2012

Traveling Babies and A Nice Stranger

Well this flight is a lot longer than I thought it would be. It may he because I didn't find out how many hours ahead Dubai was from London. Ok the flight attendant just said 1500 Dubai time which means I only have an hour left. Still no sleep though. Once I get there I have to figure out where my next flight is. You know. The flight that actually gets me to Nairobi. The place where I should be exiting the terminal right now to find my ride and luggage and a proper bed for some actual sleep. Lucky for me I brought my toothbrush/paste and a hairbrush wish me so I don't feel quite so gross after over 24 hours on a plane. 
It may seem like I'm complaining but I'm really not. Missing my flight was a blessing. I am no longer stressed about catching a flight. I get to see another part of the world (this trip has ended up being a global trip). And I've met the nicest people. My phone was about at three percent battery and I knew my dad would go all Liam Neeson and pull a "Taken" on me if I didn't tell him I made it to Dubai an ultimately to Nairobi. So this couple up in first class was all like "hey we have an iPad and an outlet. We can charge it up here and you can grab it when it's done." Since they are technically only a row and a divider away I thanked them a million times and let my phone ride first class. And the people in my row have the cutest baby ever. She is so content with life and barely made a sound the entire time. I hope my kids are that well behaved in the future. She deserves to be the Gerber child of the year. 
It's kind of strange when you can say you saw the sun rise and set twice in the same day. So have I lives two days in the time it takes me to live one? I'm technically supposed to be asleep right now because it's night once again but I still feel like it's 1300 back home. Not almost 2300 Dubai time. My plane out of here leaves at 0230 which means I have time to get off get a sandwich an get on my plane and then off to Kenya! But first...the airport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment