Monday, October 15, 2012

What Luck

So I missed my flight to Nairobi. My plane leaving Dallas was delayed by one hour and thirty seven minutes. Originally I only had about fifteen minutes to get all the way through heathrow (including security...again) to my gate. Of course there was no sleeping for me.  When the pilot announced this morning we had arrived in London Ahead of schedule (early enough for me to catch my plane) I was elated. No. God had other plans. We were put on hold for landing for 45 minutes. I missed my plane. Now I'm on a 13:00 flight to Dubai and my plane from there leaves at 2:45. Yes am. and if all goes according to plan I should be in Nairobi at 6:30 tomorrow morning. There is a reason I'm on this plane I know it so I'm remaining calm in every aspect except that I packed my phone charger in my carry on that became a checked suitcase in Denver! How am I supposed to notify my parents I made it to Dubai and then to Nairobi? Beats me. I'll have to make friends with another apple product lover. I also feel that I owe heathrow an apology. At first I called it a little dumpy and then I got to the real airport area instead of just the unloading zone. It's fabulous! I got a cappuccino (I'm not going to sleep any way) looked around a department store and am sitting at my gate. I pray for god to make the reason for this reroute clear to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment